- Product Information
- Expert Tips
How do I change the deuterium lamp on a Shimadzu Spectrophotometer?
If the lamp on your Shimadzu Spectrophotometer fails, follow the instructions below to replace your Deuterium lamp.
- Turn off and unplug the instrument and allow the lamp to cool. The deuterium lamp emits UV radiation that is harmful to the eyes when switched on.
- Loosen the screw on the side of the light source compartment.
- Push the cover up past the screw and remove the cover.
- Wearing gloves, hold the resin part of the D2 lamp and pull straight up to release.
- Dispose of the old lamp separately from your general waste, taking care not to shatter the glass.
- Remove the new lamp from it's packaging, taking care not to handle the lamp glass.
- Insert the new lamp into the socket, fitting the locating lug on the bottom of the lamp into the socket notch. Avoid hitting the proturusion on the top of the lamp against the back of the cover as doing so may cause a vacuum leak in the lamp tube.
- Replace the light source compartment cover and re-tighten the screw to secure in place.
- Plug in the instrument and switch on.
- Reset the lamp usage time by pressing 'F3' in the mode menu screen.
- The maintenance screen will display the accumulated usage time of the light source lamps.
- Press '3' to bring up the lamp reset menu.
- Use the up & down arrow keys to select the 'D2 lamp' and press 'enter'.
- You will be prompted to confirm your choice, use the left & right arrow keys to select 'yes' and then press 'enter' to reset.
- Press the 'Return' key to return to the mode menu screen.
- Large Price Savings over branded spares with no reduction in quality
- Bare lamps sourced from the same factories as used by the original instrument manufacturers
- All guarantees and warranties match those offered by the OEM
- ISO certified and industry verified manufacturing processes
- Lamps individually QC tested at every processing step